Monday, August 8, 2011

Sent a few haiku to New Wave Vomit. Let's see if they get up.

I decided to send a few haiku to New Wave Vomit. I'm going to try and send shit out a couple times a week to a bunch of different places. Taking 'getting out there' seriously now. Here they are.

Kawaiiku by Reprobus

dripping wet, mewing
kitty wrapped in big towel
shivers and sneezes


Kowaiiku by Reprobus

out of my nostril
a centipede crawls, crunching
a piece of my brain


Rhymeku Kowaiiku by Reprobus

my chest’s blister pops
clear, runny liquid pours out
to the floor, it drops

The poems came from an idea I put up on LPP a while back. I wanted to make little genres of haiku, playing with the actual word itself. Kowaii in japanese means scary and Kawaii means cute, so I figured find imagery that is horrifying or cute and write about it. Rhymeku, well I just wanted to see if I could make rhymes in haiku form. What I got up there is pretty sloppy, but I would still like to challenge myself and try making some more.
Also awhile back, I asked Mr. Shaun Gannon if he'd collaborate with me making some of these types of haiku. I wanted to get a collection started of kawaiiku and kowaiiku and call it, Awws and Ahhs but both of us got busy. Haven't really gone back into putting any work towards it, though I do have a collection saved up on my phone. I think it'd be cool to look into, but I'm gonna wait now until I've got enough recognition to draw other people into the project. So anyone that stumbles upon this and is interested...
PS- My girlfriend just audibly AWW'd at the kitty one when I should it to her. Pretty much the reaction I wanted. SCORE!
That's it for now. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment