Thursday, August 25, 2011

Haven't posted in a little while

Well, I finally got the internet back at home, but since I've got my refund check for school my mom refuses to let me use the computer. She says I have enough money for a laptop, and need to buy my own (not even joking here). Apparently my need to write papers for school, and you know do anything else productive like write poems, is unfair to my hippie brother who needs to get super blazed and watch 10 hours of Adult Swim reruns on megavideo. EVERY FUCKING DAY.

So I am still set back a bit as far as getting my blogs posted as much as possible throughout the week. The time I have at school so far is spent doing homework, which I am finished with for the rest of my break today. Posting shit now lol.

I haven't had time to edit anything as far as 'Haunted Penis' goes, but was able to quickly gather everything I needed that was already posted online. So I should be able to start that this weekend, maybe be able to get some preview shit out there in the next couple weeks.

My other focus has been starting 'The Dead and the Dying'. Got about 10 pages of that, completely unedited. Here's a little bit of it:


'Leant over the cliff side, Nanashi sees the bluebird
Streaking blue like his eyes, dive kamikaze
Into the black ocean, swirling pitch like his hair.
Inspired by such deadly avionic freedom
The brooding samurai unsheathes the short sword
And in a swift slit, loosens his intestines from bondage
Letting go of his mind and his head too
No longer needing his body to live
No longer giving a fuck
Nanashi takes the final plunge
Into the beginning of awakening'

This I built upon one of my very first poems that I published to LPP. Here's the original:

The Samurai by Reprobus

That moment, when I first saw him
my mind elightened.

Back straight, eyes shut,
Seiza’d and relaxed.
It was lunchtime.

With what seemed to be a carefully practiced level of non-chalence
he ignored the accessible design of the banana.

Similar to grabbing a chunk of hair and pulling with might until it pops with an equal chunk of scalp
the man removed the stem; he lifted the nail off the yellow finger fracturing the tip.

He did not undress the skin. Carpelly ignorant, the man gawkily rocked the banana between his palms, Indian drum rattle style.

A couple of seconds until he had nude fruit.

There was no savoring of this careless toil. And did not seem to have a point. For in an instant he swallowed the fruit and then the skin.

His bungling opening, his fumbling undressing were pointless.

I asked myself, why bother. Why not save minutes and eat the banana whole.

Then a moment of peace. I realized. Here was a man who perfected the art of not giving a fuck.



I take my wakizashi, I stab not slice an area and thrust my hand in. I pull out my intestines. I do not die though.

I ask for no assistance in my beheading. I use the inconvenient short sword once again and hack away at my neck.

My head is gone. Still I do not die. My organs are gone. I am still not dead. I am bloodless.

I am more alive then ever and do not need my body to live.



I do not give a fuck.


I really just liked that last little bit, about some dude that doesn't give a fuck to the level where he has completely destroyed his body and by no means could a person still be alive, and yet he still lives. All three of my Samurai poems will be a part of 'The Dead and the Dying' somehow; they will only be vaguely reminiscent of their original pieces.

I'll start posting some edited versions of 'Haunted Penis' soon.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment