Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New poem; may possibly be included in my first chapbook Haunted Penis

I have two chapbooks planned out. My goal for the fall semester is to gather, edit, add to, and create a chapbook. Titled Haunted Penis, it's going to consist of haiku, tanka, and short poems only. Themes will be the supernatural, self-mutilation, sex, gore, and absurdity. Will contain a lot of my short bits on LPP, maybe some of the ones off AllWriteThen, and previously unpublished and new pieces.

My second chapbook, well, I want that to be a secret. It's going to take at least 6 months to write, and just as long to edit. As of right now I'm worried about the ambition behind it overflowing, but we will see. So far it's titled The Dead and the Dying, and all I'll say for now is it involves two intertwining stories; a samurai constantly reliving his final moments and a 20's something man descending unto the spirits to find his dead sister.

Anyways, here's a short fun thing I did. A collection of tanka translated from an alien language, lol.


Picked Up Some Signals Containing Teenage Alien Tanka, Translated by Reprobus


space gusts
suffocate, my lungs
fill with nothing

my heart is a black hole
no love is let in
no emotion escapes

I am anti-matter
anti-organic, anti-robotic
anti-dead, cosmic vampire

No comments:

Post a Comment